Quarter Square Triangle (QST)
You can either design a quilt block while designing a quilt or from the 'BLOCKS' dashboard.
If you're already working on a quilt, create a new block by:
- 1.Click on the 'BLOCKS' tab on the left-side control panel.
- 2.Click on the 'Make Custom Block' button.
- 3.The Block Editor window will open.
- TIP: You can also change the name of your block in the 'Block Info' area.
- 4.Input the desired width and height of your block.
- Note: These measurements are for the finished size of the quilt block.
- 1.Change the grid lines to 2 for both horizontal and vertical units.
- 2.Click on the isosceles triangle shape. It will appear in the middle of the quilt block.
- 3.Move the triangle shape to the lower left corner of the block.
- 4.Resize the shape so that it fills the entire width of the block and half of the height of the block.
- TIP: Do this by clicking on the appropriate square around the shape and drag it into the desired position.
- 5.Click on the triangle and then click on the 'Clone' button in the center vertical control panel. Now there are two triangles.
- 6.Change the color of the new triangle by clicking on the 'Link' button of a different color tag (in this example, I used color tag B (black).
- 7.Rotate the triangle by clicking on the 'Rotate' button in the center vertical control panel.
- 8.Move the triangle so that it is aligned with another side of the block.
- 9.Repeat steps 5-8 two more times so that each side of the block has a triangle.
- 10.Click on the top right button to save the block and click on 'Save To Quilt'.
- TIP: You can either save the block to the quilt you're working on OR to your block library.
- 11.Now your new block is available on the left-side control panel and can be added to your quilt.