Comment on page
01 Import Fabric Panel
// Panel Quilts //
Updated November 2023
Think of your fabric panel as a large fabric swatch - which you can import into PreQuilt!
The first thing you'll want to do is import your fabric panel into PreQuilt. Sometimes you get lucky and you can find an image of the panel online. If not, you can also take a picture of your panel and import it into PreQuilt as a picture.
Also, take a moment during this step to collect the measurements of your quilt panel. You'll need its width and height.
- 1.Find and open the browser for the panel image online.
- 2.While hovering over the image, right click and select 'Copy Image Address'.Modern Landscapes Panel designed by Noelle Phares for Paintbrush Studio Fabrics
- 3.Go to the PreQuilt Dashboard and click on the FABRIC Tab.
- 4.Click on the 'From URL' link on the top left card.
- 5.Then paste the image URL address (from step 02) and click on the Save button.
- 6.Once added, the panel's fabric swatch tile will be highlighted in yellow. This alerts you that you need to set the width of the fabric swatch.
- 7.To set the width for the panel's fabric swatch, click on the Edit button.
- 8.This will require some recon. Going back to the panel's website page, we can note that the height of the panel is 40" and the width is 32".
- 9.As we can see on the website, the image we're importing is square, with some white borders on either side of the panel. So, since it's a square image, we can guess that the width and height of this panel's digital fabric swatch is 40". Enter 40 for the width of the fabric swatch.
- 10.We can now crop out the two white stripes on the left and right of the panel. While holding down on your mouse's left button, drag the blue line on the left and right side (one at a time) of the panel so that it's touching the panel image. Once you've done both sides, the width of the image will update to 32" (note the number 32 in the box below image).
- 11.Click the Save button at the bottom of the pop-up.
- 12.Click on the x button () to close the Fabric Swatch pop-up.
TIP: Crop your photograph before importing to PreQuilt. Your fabric swatch should include only the fabric of the panel without anything in the background.
- 1.Take a picture of your panel and save it on your computer. Crop out anything in the background of the panel.
- 2.Go to the PreQuilt Dashboard and click on the FABRIC Tab.
- 3.Click on the 'Bulk Upload' button on the top left card.
- 4.Select the image of your panel in the pop-up window that appears and click on the 'Open'.
- 5.Once added, the panel's fabric swatch tile will be highlighted in yellow. This alerts you that you need to set the width of the fabric swatch.
- 6.To set the width for the panel's fabric swatch, click on the Edit button.
- 7.Measure the width of your panel that you photographed and enter the width for your photographed panel fabric swatch. In this example, the panel is 36".
- 8.Click the Save button at the bottom of the pop-up.
- 9.Click on the x button () to close the Fabric Swatch pop-up.